I ordered an APQS Lenni (I think I will call it Lilly) machine two weeks and two days ago. With the information that was given me at the time of order, I assumed that it would take 2 1/2-3 weeks for me to receive the 7 boxes weighing almost 400 pounds. That was fine, I had my old (much smaller) frame, a small desk, a big desk and an antique wardrobe in that room and ALL of it had to be out of the room. I had a closet full of stuff (some of it not mine and a fair amount of it crap) and shelves with lots more stuff, which I had started moving (shoving) quilting stuff onto. The wardrobe part of the um, wardrobe had added shelves and they were full of fabric and much of the quilting stuff on the shelves were fabric also. Anyway, fast forward a little over a week and I was ready to move the furniture out of my quilting room. The wardrobe went on the front porch (enclosed) and now being called my quilting “annex” where I will be doing cutting, pressing and possibly piecing (depending on whether I can handle being in one side of the closet on the small desk after I finish sorting, throwing away, etc……getting closer). The large desk went in the other downstairs bedroom and hold my computer and I had LOTS of purging to do to make room for it in there. For now (until the closet is finished) the little desk is temporarily residing next to the big desk and will go in the closet and if that doesn’t work, will go back into storage in the upstairs of the garage (or maybe to one of the Grandkids’ houses. The small frame (qzone loop), carriage and previous piecing/quilting machine are all temporarily in the annex and in the next few days we will load it on the back of the truck and take it to my sister. She is “inheriting” that setup. So, furniture out, I starting sorting, reorganizing and pitching things on the shelves beside the closet and had just given some thought to starting on the closet when I get notice (one day short of one week) that my new machine and frame had shipped from Iowa. John & I rolled up the carpet in the room, it is small and I ordered casters for the frame to make working from either side of the frame easier, so the carpet (which was 30+ years old and starting to fall apart anyway) came out and it was decided that I needed stick down vinyl tiles on the floor. John’s brother and his wife were here during the weekend and Monday of the weekend things shipped and I really got very little work done in that room that week. I checked shipping progress on Sunday (one week ago) to find that everything had arrived in Indy that day. So, being proactive, I called on Monday morning to set up delivery for this past week. I had my choice of Tuesday or Thursday and picked Thursday (anything to buy me another day or two). John drove the bus all week last week, so there wasn’t much help there. On Thursday, I was waiting for delivery and the only thing they could tell me was sometime between 8 a and 8 p and they would call about an hour before they actually arrived. All 7 boxes arrived on a BIG truck around 5:00 pm. We get them into the house and then I headed to Mooresville to look for my peel and stick tile. Got something really inexpensive (remember the old saying about getting what you pay for). In the meantime, I tried to work in the closet a little (still not done) but I have told myself, even when floor is ready and we get the frame and machine set up, I will not stitch until the closet is clean because once I start quilting, it won’t get done. John started putting down tile Friday evening and got about 1/3 of the way done. It was not to bad in the box, not too great on the floor and each box is a little different color. Oh well, it will provide an easy to clean surface for the frame and machine, so that’s okay. Yesterday, John’s cousin and his wife were here for the day, so no work on Saturday and today he was going to work on tile until we went to Zianna’s birthday party but Josh had a vehicle emergency so, he worked a little more this evening and may (or may not) get the rest of the tiles down tonight.
I think I am going to have to have him help put the frame together. With the small qzone, I managed but the poles and rails are 10 feet long and rather heavy. Tomorrow his dad has two doctor appointments and we probably won’t get to work on it until again until later in the day or on Tuesday, if he gets the floor done tonight, I am going to try to finish the closet and may try to at least start on the frame.
So, I will keep you posted and post pictures as soon as I get everything put back together. More later…………….